Carbon steel cut wire shot conditioned (rounded) is a premium peening abrasive that has a useful life up to three times longer than cast steel shot. It can also be precisely sized. Since conditioned carbon steel shot has a significantly longer useful life than cast steel shot or grit (two to three times), this reduces the amount of waste produced by blasting operations.
Why Carbon Steel Cut Wire Shot Conditioned?
Rounded carbon steel cut wire also produces excellent results because of its uniformity and strength. Its dust generation is significantly lower than cast steel shot and grit. Carbon steel cut wire is the preferred shot peening media over cast steel shot.
Cut-Wire Sizes & Cast Shot Equivalents
|Cut-Wire Size (Inch)||Cut-Wire Size (mm)||Equivalent Cast Shot Size|
|0.020 / 0.023||0.50 / 0.60||S-170|
|0.032 / 0.035||0.80 / 0.90||S-280|
|0.035 / 0.041||0.90 / 1.0||S-330|
|0.041 / 0.047||1.0 / 1.20||S-390|
- Peening and surface improvement
- Blast cleaning
- Air blast (smaller sizes)
- Wheel blast
- AMS 2431/3 (45 – 52 HRC AWCR)
- AMS 2431/8 (55 – 62 HRC AWCH)
- SAE J441
- AMS 13165C
- VDF 8001
Alloy and Hardness:
- 1070 Class I with hardness of 45 – 52
- 1070 Class II with hardness of 55 – 62 HRC
- Other – We can process any carbon steel wire into cut wire shot.
Rounded/spherical (G3 – Fully Conditioned)
- 50 lb bags
- 30-gallon corrugated drum
- 55-gallon steel drum
- We also accommodate special packaging requirements.
Let’s Get Started.
We’ll start working with you immediately to meet all of your cut wire shot, blasting media and blasting equipment needs.