Why Carbon Steel Cut Wire Shot As-Cut?
Carbon cut wire shot has a significantly longer useful life than cast steel shot or grit (two to three times) and produces excellent results because of its uniformity and strength. The dust generation is also significantly lower than cast steel shot and grit.
Carbon steel shot as-cut is great for cleaning, surface preparation and improvement on ferrous metal parts. The longer useful life (compared to cast steel shot) of this premium blasting abrasive results in less waste from blasting.
Cut-Wire Sizes & Cast Shot Equivalents
|Cut-Wire Size (Inch)||Cut-Wire Size (mm)||Equivalent Cast Shot Size|
|0.020 / 0.023||0.50 / 0.60||S-170|
|0.032 / 0.035||0.80 / 0.90||S-280|
|0.035 / 0.041||0.90 / 1.0||S-330|
|0.041 / 0.047||1.0 / 1.20||S-390|
- Surface improvement
- Blast cleaning
- Air blast (smaller sizes)
- Wheel blast
Alloy and Hardness:
- 1070 Class I with hardness of 45 – 52 HRC
- 1070 Class II with hardness of 55 – 62 HRC
- Other – We can process any carbon steel wire into cut wire shot.
- Cylindrical with sharp edges
- 275 lbs/ft3
- 50 lb bags
- 30-gallon corrugated drum
- 55-gallon steel drum
- We also accommodate special packaging requirements.